Evolve Self-Defense & Krav Maga is the best way for you to get fit and fearless!
Self-Defense that is easy to learn, extremely effective in real world scenarios, and gets you in the best shape of your life!
Hey there, my name is Alex Phillips, Owner, and Chief Instructor at Evolve Self-Defense & Krav Maga here in Boone, NC. At Evolve, our mission is to equip our community with the skills and resources to evolve physically and mentally through self-defense and fitness - developing happier, healthier, and better prepared individuals in an empowering and ego-free community.
What We Teach
As a self-defense system, Krav Maga (“close combat” in Hebrew) is well-known for its brutal counter-attacks, training for multiple attackers, and the ability to end fights quickly. Unlike many traditional martial arts, Krav Maga focuses on efficiency and practical applications over acrobatic kicks or convoluted grappling.
Fitness is a key component of being able to defend yourself and taking care of your body as a whole. Classes will challenge you at your current fitness level and will push you to the best shape of your life. This training is a full body workout that will make you stronger, leaner, and faster.
The best way to win a fight is to avoid it in the first place. Alongside the rest of your training, classes will educate you in situational awareness, fighting tactics, following your instincts, how to identify and avoid dangerous situations, and how to de-escalate conflicts effectively before they become violent.
Get Started Today With One Of Our Trial Specials!
**Received a Free Trial card? Click >HERE< To sign up for your first class!
• Event Schedule •
Click on an Event to Learn More!
- 4/13, 7:30pm - 9:15pm - Striking Workshop (Free for Members)
- 4/16, 7:30pm - 8:30pm - Ground Submissions Workshop (As Intro to Groundwork class)
- 4/21, 10:00am - 12:30pm - Weapons 101: Gun Defenses ($25/$35)
- 4/23, 7:30 - 8:30 - Fight Club (Approved sparring gear required. Non-members must be pre-approved for this class.)
- 4/27 - Location Based Level 3 and Urban Dynamics
- 5/5 - Functional Fitness Workout (Instead of 10:00am Mixed Level)
- 5/11 - Location Based Level 3 and Urban Dynamics
- 5/20 - Escape & Evasion Seminar (If you’re captured or held hostage, how do you escape, fight, and get away.) (Price TBD)
- 6/24 - Walk In Peace: Women's Self-Defense Seminar
- 8/11 - Walk In Peace: Women's Self-Defense Seminar